Decorative concrete flooring, including acid-stained concrete, and stained concrete overlays, is easy to maintain and will last indefinitely, if you follow several basic principles:
- Dust mop or broom sweep weekly to prevent dirt accumulation
- Damp mop monthly to remove smudging, scuffs, and water marks, and restore gloss
- Recoat with new floor finish (polish) once or twice per year to rebuild loss from cleaning and abrasion
- Exercise caution, and take precautions, before placing stationary materials or objects on your floor
- Maintain clean mats at exterior entrances
We use and recommend Spartan brand cleaners and finishes: Spartan Chemical. They have a distributor locator on their web site, and have many distributors of their products in the Detroit and Chicago areas.
This page is one of the most informative, accurate, and frequently visited maintenance guides for acid stained concrete floors on the Internet. If you aren't currently one of our customers, can't find the information you're looking for, or would like specific recommendations and instructions for your stained concrete floor, we provide consulting services and would be glad to assist you. Complete our Decorative Concrete Project Submission Form, and we'll get right back to you.