BASIC MAINTENANCE principles
Decorative concrete flooring, including acid-stained concrete and cement overlays, is easy to maintain and will last indefinitely. You just need to follow several basic principles:
- Dust mop or broom sweep weekly to prevent dirt accumulation
- Damp mop monthly to remove smudging, scuffs and water marks, and to restore gloss
- Re-coat with new floor finish (polish) once or twice per year to rebuild loss of finish due to damp mopping, spot cleaning and dirt particle abrasion
- Exercise caution (and take precautions) before placing stationary materials or objects on your floor for long periods of time
- Maintain clean mats at all exterior entrances
Premier Veneers uses and recommends Spartan brand cleaners and finishes from Spartan Chemical. Spartan has a distributor locator on their web site, and they have many janitorial supply companies selling their products in the Detroit and Chicago areas.
This page is one of the most informative, accurate, and frequently visited maintenance guides for acid stained and decorative concrete flooring on the Internet. If you aren't currently one of our customers, can't find the maintenance information you're looking for or would like specific recommendations and instructions for your stained concrete floor, we would be glad to assist you.
Just complete our Decorative Concrete Project Submission Form, and we will get right back to you.